(Last Updated: March 27, 2020)
The health and wellbeing of our Clients, Associates, Partners and communities are top concerns for NAMSA, and we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 health situation currently impacting our global community. We understand that this unique time in history is full of uncertainty and concern. However, as in other times of health crises, we have always come together as a global medical device community to do our part to combat disease and to deliver novel technologies to patients around the world who need them most. We will get through this challenging time together, as a unified front.
To stay abreast of the quickly changing news and recommendations surrounding COVID-19, NAMSA has established an internal Taskforce comprised of operational and scientific leaders to monitor the situation and to ensure adherence to the recommendations set forth by the World Health Organization (WHO) and other global health authorities.
Important Notice Regarding NAMSA Services
- France Laboratory: Based on recent French government proclamations, the Lyon Laboratory will move to a limited testing capacity beginning March 30 to support clients.
- Priority will be given to batch-release testing.
- Existing studies will be processed according to their degree of urgency, after alignment with customers.
- Lyon Laboratory customers have been contacted directly with project-specific contingency plans if they have been impacted.
- Clinical Projects: With the exception of Site Monitoring, Clinical projects will adhere to their anticipated schedules.
- As hospitals and research sites focus on the critically ill and COVID-19 patients, many research sites are halting on-site clinical trial monitoring visits.
- U.S., China and German Laboratories: Project delays are not expected at this time.
- Consulting Projects: Project delays are not expected at this time.
Additionally, we have taken precautionary actions to help protect the health of all NAMSA stakeholders, including:
- Associates based in the U.S., China, France, UK and Germany that have the ability to work from home will do so through April 12, or until further notice.
- As of March 23, NAMSA’s Japan Associates have returned to the office.
- Essential Associates at NAMSA’s U.S.-, China- and Germany-based laboratories are working in staggered shifts to reduce potential exposure and to ensure continuity of services.
- International travel and non-essential domestic travel have been limited for all NAMSA Associates.
- NAMSA Associates who learn that they have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 are required to self-report to their Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- These Associates will be asked to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- NAMSA events through the end of May have been cancelled, rescheduled or will be provided via virtual format where possible.
- If you have registered for an event, you will be contacted directly with contingency plans.
NAMSA Site Visits
If you are scheduled to travel to a NAMSA site, your host will contact you regarding the trip and ask for you to complete a COVID-19 Visitor Form prior to your scheduled arrival date. Based on your response, the trip may be rescheduled. If your trip can be delayed, or if you wish to postpone, please contact your host and we will gladly accommodate your request.
If an interruption to your project is expected, we will contact you immediately to develop contingency plans. However, we do not anticipate any significant impacts to client projects at this time. If you have specific questions related to your project, please contact your Business Development Executive or Project Manager directly.
Should you have more general questions regarding NAMSA’s COVID-19 preparedness plans, please email us at email@example.com. We have also provided helpful links below to find the latest updates and news regarding the virus.
- World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavrius disease (COVID-19) Advice for the Public
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): Travel Advisories
- European Commission (EU): Travel Advice
- S. Department of State: Travel Advisories
NAMSA is committed to limiting the spread of this virus and safeguarding the health of our Clients, Associates and communities. We ask for your understanding in the event that any of the above decisions cause a disruption or inconvenience.
John Gorski, President & CEO